Official assures action against those who illegally occupied, locked govt property

Handwara, Jan 07 :

Authorities have reclaimed a long-forgotten, unlawfully occupied slaughterhouse in Handwara, following mounting public pressure for a functional facility in the township.

Officials informed the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that the Municipal Committee, upon verification, discovered that the slaughterhouse already existed but had been unlawfully taken over and locked by unidentified individuals.

The issue came to light after repeated public demands for a proper slaughterhouse in Handwara.

The Municipal Committee’s Executive Officer Shahid Yousuf said the encroached government property has now been retrieved, and strict action will be taken against those involved in the illegal occupation.

“We will be taking strict action against anyone who had illegally occupied and locked the government property. The infrastructure will be assessed, and we will coordinate with the R&B department for necessary renovations,” he said.

The officer assured residents that the facility will soon be restored to serve its intended purpose, addressing a long-standing civic demand in the town—(KNO)

By SNS KASHMIR

Shaharbeen News Service Kashmir is a news service which covers, gathers, writes, and distributes news to newspapers, periodicals, radio and television broadcasters, government agencies, and other users. We at SNS Kashmir believe in fair and independent journalism to inform our masses or subscribers and readers about the happenings around the world. The prime focus of the news gathering and reporting is focused on Jammu and Kashmir state.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.