28 Dead Including 2 Security Personnel, 100 Injured; 15 Referred for Treatment.

Help desk number 👇
9858223125, 6006701934, 9797504078, 8492886895, 8493801381, and 7006463710.

Kishtwar, Aug 14 :

At least 28 bodies have been recovered so far following a massive cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar district.

A senior police officer told news agency Kashmir News Corner — KNC that the cloudburst, which struck the Chositi area earlier today, triggered flash floods and widespread devastation, prompting large-scale rescue operations involving the Army, NDRF, SDRF, police, and local administration.

“Rescue efforts are still underway, and more casualties are feared as several people remain missing,” the officer said. He added that search teams are working in challenging conditions to locate survivors and retrieve bodies.

Authorities have mobilised additional resources, including heli-rescue teams and medical units, to assist in the ongoing operation. The administration has urged the public to remain away from the affected areas to facilitate smooth rescue work.

Lieutenant Governor Manoj SinhaCM Omar Abdullah and Union MoS Dr Jitendra Singh have assured that all possible assistance will be provided to the affected families. (KNC)

By SNS KASHMIR

Shaharbeen News Service Kashmir is a news service which covers, gathers, writes, and distributes news to newspapers, periodicals, radio and television broadcasters, government agencies, and other users. We at SNS Kashmir believe in fair and independent journalism to inform our masses or subscribers and readers about the happenings around the world. The prime focus of the news gathering and reporting is focused on Jammu and Kashmir state.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.