A 23-year-old girl, who suffered burn injuries due to a cooking gas leak at her house in North Kashmir’s Kupwara district today morning succumbed to injuries at the SMHS Hospital this evening.

The girl Zeenat Tariq, died after not responding to the treatment. She had sustained more than 75% burn injuries in the accident,’ a medico told news agency Kashmir News Trust.

One of the members of the victim’s family said she went to the kitchen to boil milk around 6 am unaware that the gas has been leaking. She lit the stove and there was a blast.

The victim is the resident of Hyhama, Lolab area of Kupwara.

The body after the completion of all formalities has been handed over to family. [KNT]


Shaharbeen News Service Kashmir is a news service which covers, gathers, writes, and distributes news to newspapers, periodicals, radio and television broadcasters, government agencies, and other users. We at SNS Kashmir believe in fair and independent journalism to inform our masses or subscribers and readers about the happenings around the world. The prime focus of the news gathering and reporting is focused on Jammu and Kashmir state.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.